(877) 933-WEDI (9334)us.wedi.de
171 S. Gary Avenue,
Carol Stream, IL 60188
With headquarters in Emstedtten in the Münsterland region of Germany, wedi GmbH is essentially the founder of the market segment of tile underlay elements made from extruded rigid polystyrene foam. In slightly more than 25 years, it has grown from a tile setting company into a market leader in the field of ready for tile building boards. Stephan Wedi now stands at the helm of the company in the second generation.
As a result, wedi remains a family-owned business in the best sense of the term, despite the worldwide scope of its activities. The values endorsed by company founder Helmut Wedi, who died in 1998, are just as vital as ever: "Innovative products cannot be developed at the drawing-board alone; a direct relationship with actual practice is essential". As a family company, wedi pursues a clearly defined corporate strategy with a long-term orientation. Its relationships with customers and suppliers are characterised by trust, reliability, and flexibility. As the proprietor of the company, Stephan Wedi stands behind its products in name and in person.
The Ultimate Tile Backerboard
- 100% waterproof blue core, made from CFC-free extruded polystyrene closed cell foam
- Available in multiple thicknesses and sizes
- Compatible with virtually any stable substructure
- Versatile, limitless installation capabilities
- Strong, due to cement resin with embedded mesh reinforcement
- Superior bond to any tile using thinset n Extremely light weight, easy to cut
- Includes thermal insulating properties n Protects against mold and mildew
- Perfect, even surface for mosaics, as well as large size or thin body tile